GTBank has a fully-fledged Treasury team dedicated to providing innovative solutions for your foreign exchange needs and investment in fixed income securities, supported by the latest state-of-the-art infrastructure; proficient in meeting all treasury requirements.
The Treasury Team issues continuous market up-dates daily and a weekly summary to enable its corporate, institutional, trade and retail customers to keep abreast of the latest market news and currency trends.
- GTBank offers both spot and forwards FX services.
- Competitive pricing.
- Convenience – with proper ID, this is an OTC service.
- Commission free FX.
- We handle all the major international and regional currencies
- Real time market updates available
- Must observe all BOU regulations regarding FX business
- All forex transactions are subject to the current Kenyan Exchange Control regulation.
- Any foreign currency purchase from the Bank of more than USD 10,000 (or equivalent) shall be documented in accordance with the regulation in place.
- The rates indicated hereafter are applicable to forex transactions up to USD 5,000 (or equivalent).
- For forex transactions of more than USD 5,000 (or equivalent), a firm quote shall be obtained from the relevant Relationship Manager / Relationship Officer / Treasury Dealer.
- The Treasury Sales Desk is at the disposal of GTBank’s Corporate Clients to provide them information related to local/international forex and money markets.
- Foreign Exchange
- Treasury Bills and Bonds
- Money Market
- Foreign Exchange Spot.
- Foreign Exchange forwards and swaps.
- Commission free foreign exchange.
- Swift transfers – Flat fee for outgoing SWIFT transfers.
- Foreign Drafts.
- Foreign currency Term Deposits, Call Deposits, Savings accounts and Current accounts.
The Central Bank of Kenya, on behalf of the Government of Kenya issues Treasury bills of maturities of 91, 182 and 364 days and Treasury Bonds of maturities from 1 year to 30 years. We provide services to investors in these Government securities through a ‘2-in-1′ account. We provide timely information on market developments and announcements, and assist investors to:
- Submit applications for subscription to these securities at the auctions announced
- Hold the securities on behalf of the investors.
- Buy / sell the Government Securities in the secondary market
- Fixed Deposits at highly competitive interest rates.
- Call Deposits.
- High Yield Deposits.